What an incredible day we had on the 23rd. I can't thank the volunteers enough!! Everyone was so helpful and worked together...it was beautiful to watch everything come together. We got almost the whole garden done.
A HUGE thank you to the generosity of Dutch Heritage Gardens (Larkspur) we filled all the garden plots with tomatoes, peppers, and lots of herbs. They also donated their special soil "Mojo Grow". This was very unexpected and we even have lots leftover.
If someone would like some plants to take home, please contact:
Jackie Searle (303-660-3637).
We ask that you make a donation to our Foundation:
Chamber of Commerce
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Plots are available for $40. If you go to the garden you'll notice paint sticks in each plot. Each paint stick has a number and ones without a name can be yours.
Our next meeting is July 9, 5:30-7:00pm. Everyone is welcome, to make this garden a success we need alot of people involved.
Thank you to the volunteers and the following donors:
Kiwanis, Home Depot, Kerry Hill, Patty & Kevin Wunderlich, Rhonda Dougherty, Jeremy & Mary Kate Cole, Knights of Columbus, King Soopers, Wal-Mart, Melody & Sean Kearney, Barb Rohrer, T.A.G., Marquita Pattur, Richard & Marilyn Vap, Taste of Philly and anyone that I may have left out.
We are still waiting on a few items:
1) the shed should be delivered in 2 weeks.
2) to hear if ACME brick will be able to donate some brick for our entrance.
3) for the town to remove sod around the concrete to plant more herbs.
4) once the shed is in, we will make a path from the shed to the concrete.
5) we have a few more beds to make, 2 for the ADA handicap accessible, 1 more bed for rent and a triangular one for flowers.
Soon, we will be able to make tax-deductible donations online:
http://www.ppcf.org/ Look for Castle Rock Community Garden.
This truly is a Community Effort in which we should all be proud of!
Thank you again!!